Looking for something? Filter it here!

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Stuffed Squid

It seems like most of my recipes involves pork... well, what can I say, I am a pork lover... hehe... and yes, although this unassuming title is Stuffed Squid, and one would automatically assume that this recipe would not involve pork. Well, I am sorry to say that you are wrong! Because, what else did I stuff into the squids but minced pork, marinate minced pork!

Did I mention that I love pork? Hehe... now on to the recipe..




Ingredients:


About 4-6 squids
Approximately 200gm of minced pork
1 tablespoon of soya sauce (less if you do not want it to be too salty)
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
Minced ginger (about 1 tablespoonful)


Method:

  1. Marinate the minced port with soya sauce and sesame oil for about 1 hour.
  2. Clean the squids thoroughly.
  3. Stuff the squids with the minced pork till it is about two thirds full.

    ** Do not stuff it until it is 100% full as the squids will shrink and pork will expand when cooked. If you stuffed it 100% full, the squids will burst and your pork will be "pouring" out of the squids when cooked.

  4. Now, put the stuffed squids onto a plate and top it with the minced ginger. Steam the stuffed squids for about 15 minutes. Serve hot.


0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template 'Penthouse' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP